Las Pilitas Road Bridge
Side view, facing south
This photo probably taken from on the new bridge.
Photo taken 2006 May 23 by Kirby James, used with permission
View this photo at lkjh.org
BH Photo #235475
Bridge closed, preserved in place.
Featured in the series finale episode of House M.D.
- Through truss bridge over Salinas River on Las Pilitas Road
- San Luis Obispo County, California
- Closed to vehicles, roadway has been realigned with new bridge
- Future prospects
- Determined eligible by the Keeper of the National Register in the Caltrans 1985 Historic Metal Truss Bridges in California Thematic Resources study; its continued eligibility was confirmed in the 2004 Caltrans Historic Bridge Inventory update.
- Built 1917
- - Austin F. Parsons (County Engineer Designer)
- Gutleben Brothers Bridge Co. of San Francisco, California
- Pin-connected, 9-panel Camelback Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 149.9 ft.
Total length: 231.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.4 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.9 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Rinconada Las Pilitas Bridge
Rinconada-Las Pilitas Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.34892, -120.51311 (decimal degrees)
35°20'56" N, 120°30'47" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/725988/3914576 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Lopez Mountain
- Inventory numbers
- CA 49C-190 (California bridge number)
BH 11455 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 10/2004)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 40.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1992)
- August 19, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added categories "Pratt through truss", "Pratt truss"
- December 1, 2014: Updated by Dallam Oliver-Lee: added info
- July 21, 2012: New photos from Fmiser
- July 17, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Edited builder section to not contain the builder's name
- July 17, 2012: Updated by Fmiser: changed design to "parker", added builder
- November 22, 2011: Updated by Craig Philpott: refined design
- July 25, 2011: Updated by Craig Philpott: Added engineer data
- March 12, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: Updated status and added street view