Bello Street Bridge
Photo taken by Jann Mayer in March 2013
License: Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY)
BH Photo #252181
This bridge was part of the original Coast Highway running up the California coast. It was later bypassed and had been closed for many years due to poor structural condition.
- Through truss bridge over Pismo Creek on Bello Street in Pismo Beach
- Pismo Beach, San Luis Obispo County, California
- Closed to all traffic
- Future prospects
- Slated for demolition and replacement due to serious structural issues.
- Built 1913
- - Joliet Bridge & Iron Co. of Joliet, Illinois
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 120.1 ft.
Total length: 125.0 ft.
Deck width: 18.7 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.2 ft.
- Also called
- Pismo Creek Bridge
Bello Road Bridge
Price Canyon Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.14277, -120.63309 (decimal degrees)
35°08'34" N, 120°37'59" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/715629/3891440 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Pismo Beach
- Inventory numbers
- CA 49C-109 (California bridge number)
BH 11458 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 22, 2016: Updated by Christopher Finigan: This bridge is now closed.
- December 1, 2014: New Street View added by Dallam Oliver-Lee
- April 9, 2013: New photos from Jann Mayer
- April 8, 2013: Updated by Jann Mayer: Added builder, description
- April 11, 2012: Updated by Nathan Holth: This bridge is now doomed.
- March 25, 2012: Updated by Craig Philpott: refined design
- March 12, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: Added street view