San Joaquin River Bridge
San Joaquin River
Hwy 4 Bridge west edge of Stockton, view looking NW.
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in March 2010
BH Photo #157960
Howe through truss swing bridge
- Howe Through truss bridge over San Joaquin River on CA 4 in Stockton
- San Joaquin County, California
- Open to traffic
- Built 1933
- Howe Through truss swing bridge
Length of largest span: 128.9 ft.
Total length: 301.9 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.92833, -121.32667 (decimal degrees)
37°55'42" N, 121°19'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/647062/4199183 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Stockton West
- 10 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic (as of 2009)
- Inventory numbers
- CA 29-50 (California bridge number)
BH 11438 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2015)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 54.1 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- December 10, 2015: New Street View added by Douglas Butler
- August 24, 2013: New photo from Douglas Butler
- March 13, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: Added photos, design and street view