Los Penasouitos Creek Bridge
Los Penasquitos Bridge
Photo taken by Jann Mayer in October 2012
License: Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY)
This small bridge is one of the oldest in the Poway area. Pomerado Road used to be the main highway through the area (Highway 395) but a re-alignment rendered this portion a dead end. The birdge appears to be very little changed - original guardrails, and board marks visible everywhere.
- Concrete tee beam bridge over Los Penasouitos Creek on Old Pomerado Road
- Poway, San Diego County, California
- Open to traffic
- Built 1928
- Concrete tee beam
Length of largest span: 30.8 ft.
Total length: 33.1 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Also called
- Old Pomerado Road Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +32.93958, -117.06581 (decimal degrees)
32°56'22" N, 117°03'57" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 11/493847/3644591 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory numbers
- CA 57C-108 (California bridge number)
BH 53920 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 12/2010)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Appraisal: Not deficient
Sufficiency rating: 72.7 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2005)
- October 15, 2012: Added by Jann Mayer
- Jann Mayer - jannmayer [at] gmail [dot] com