UP - Pajaro River Bridge
Southern Pacific GS-4, 1945
In this nice shot by a Southern Pacific photographer in 1945, the Daylight Limited, pulled by GS-4 4452, is seen crossing the Pajaro River Bridge at MP 92.37. This bridge was the third structure at this crossing and built only a few years before this shot.
Southern Pacific [via Michael Merlo]
View this photo at merlo.tripod.com
BH Photo #296120
Built to replace previous deck truss bridge.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Pajaro River on Union Pacific Railroad
- San Benito County, California, and Santa Cruz County, California
- Open to rail traffic
- Built ca 1940
- - Southern Pacific Railroad (SP)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 120.0 ft.
Total length: 450.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.4 ft.
- Also called
- SP - Pajaro River Bridge [New]
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.90954, -121.62262 (decimal degrees)
36°54'34" N, 121°37'21" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/622702/4085723 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 63260 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 29, 2014: Added by Alex Lewis