Photo taken by Craig Philpott
BH Photo #200211
Pennsylvania Petit through truss bridge with pony truss approach on North end, preserved in place as pedestrian walk way.
- Pennsylvania Petit through truss bridge over Cosumnes River on Pedestrian walkway
- Rancho Murieta, Sacramento County, California
- Open to pedestrians
- Built 1908
- - Western Bridge & Construction Co. of Omaha, Nebraska
- Pin connected Pennsylvania Petit through truss bridge with A-frame portal bracing. Approach span is a riveted Warren pony truss
Length of largest span: 227.0 ft.
Total length: 306.0 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.49224, -121.09131 (decimal degrees)
38°29'32" N, 121°05'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/666459/4262158 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 164 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 45394 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 17, 2016: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Painted yellow"
- June 26, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Pin-connected"
- June 26, 2012: Updated by K. A. Erickson: Added category "Western Bridge & Construction Co."
- June 5, 2011: Updated by Jason Smith: Updated the bridge; this bridge is actually a Pennsylvania Petit through truss bridge with a Warren pony truss approach span
- June 4, 2011: Updated by Craig Philpott: refined description, added photos
- May 26, 2010: Added by Craig Philpott
- Craig Philpott - craigphilpott63 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Jason Smith - flensburg [dot] bridgehunter [dot] av [at] googlemail [dot] com