Sacramento Northern Bike Trail
Sacramento Northern bike path
View looking East, upriver.
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in May 2010
Pratt through truss bridge of old Sacramento Northern Railroad converted to bike path use and preserved in place.
- Pratt through truss bridge over American River on Sacramento Northern Bike Trail
- Sacramento, Sacramento County, California
- Open to pedestrians
- Future prospects
- Historical Pratt truss railroad bridge of the Sacramento Northern Railroad converted to pedestrian and bike path bridge.
- - Carnegie Steel Co. of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (Steel)
- Pratt through truss with Warren pony truss south approach span.
Length of largest span: 194.0 ft.
Total length: 600.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
- Also called
- Sacramento Northern RR bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.59402, -121.47457 (decimal degrees)
38°35'38" N, 121°28'28" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/632844/4272829 (zone/easting/northing)
- 45 ft. above sea level
- USGS topographic map
- Sacramento East
- Inventory number
- BH 45387 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 26, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Rail-to-trail"
- September 5, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: refined description
- May 26, 2010: New Street View added by Joshua Collins
- May 25, 2010: Added by Craig Philpott
- Craig Philpott - cphilpott [at] puc [dot] edu
- Joshua Collins - Bigjc1979 [at] aol [dot] com