Sacramento Northern Bikeway - American River Bridge
Sacramento Northern bike path
View looking East, upriver.
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in May 2010
BH Photo #166414
Pratt through truss bridge of old Sacramento Northern Railroad converted to bike path use and preserved in place.
- Pratt through truss bridge over American River on Sacramento Northern Bike Trail
- Sacramento, Sacramento County, California
- Open to pedestrians
- Future prospects
- Historical Pratt truss railroad bridge of the Sacramento Northern Railroad converted to pedestrian and bike path bridge.
- - Carnegie Steel Co. of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (Iron/Steel Manufacturer)
- - Interurban
- Northern Electric Railway (NE)
- Sacramento Northern Railway (SN)
- Pratt through truss with Warren pony truss south approach span.
Length of largest span: 194.0 ft.
Total length: 600.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
- Also called
- NER - American River Bridge
SN - American River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.59402, -121.47457 (decimal degrees)
38°35'38" N, 121°28'28" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/632844/4272829 (zone/easting/northing)
- 45 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 45387 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 11, 2018: New Street View added by Luke
- February 5, 2017: New photo from Dana and Kay Klein
- August 24, 2016: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Riveted"
- January 27, 2014: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- June 15, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Northern Electric Railway", "Sacramento Northern Railway", "Railroad", "Interurban"
- June 26, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Rail-to-trail"
- September 5, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: refined description
- May 26, 2010: New Street View added by Joshua Collins
- May 25, 2010: Added by Craig Philpott