Jibboom Street Bridge
Photo taken by Karl Sweitzer
BH Photo #143432
Steel cantilevered through truss swing bridge flanked by Parker through truss approach spans.
- Through truss cantilevered swing bridge over American River on Jibboom Street in Sacramento
- Sacramento, Sacramento County, California
- Open to traffic
- Built 1931; rehabilitated 1969
- - C. W. Deterding, Jr of Sacramento, California
- Lord & Bishop Co. of Sacramento, California
- Cantilevered Through truss swing bridge
Length of largest span: 161.1 ft.
Total length: 959.0 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.3 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.59889, -121.50528 (decimal degrees)
38°35'56" N, 121°30'19" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/630161/4273325 (zone/easting/northing)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- Inventory numers
- CA 24C-22 (California bridge number)
BH 11292 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 36.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- September 26, 2016: New photo from Douglas Butler
- June 8, 2012: New photo from Brian Smith
- September 5, 2010: New photos from Craig Philpott
- March 8, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: Added streetview
- February 18, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: Corrected design
- July 24, 2009: New photos from Karl Sweitzer