Sacramento River Bridge
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in February 2010
BH Photo #155435
This bridge was built in 1923 by the Strauss Bauscle bridge Company.
It is similar to the other bauscle spans near Sacramento. Most of the water traffic though the bridge is boats carrying produce headed for Cortland.
source "California Drawbridges" Bernard C. Winn
- Bascule bridge over Sacramento River on CA 160
- Sacramento County, California
- Open to traffic
- Built 1923; rehabilitated 1952
- - Strauss Bascule Bridge Co. of Chicago, Illinois
Length of largest span: 226.1 ft.
Total length: 588.0 ft.
Deck width: 17.4 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.7 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Sacramento River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.31859, -121.57731 (decimal degrees)
38°19'07" N, 121°34'38" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/624369/4242121 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2009)
- Inventory numbers
- CA 24-53 (California bridge number)
BH 11296 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 49.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 19, 2018: Updated by Leslie R trick: Added info to description
- May 21, 2016: New Street View added by Douglas Butler
- December 3, 2015: New Street View added by Douglas Butler
- October 5, 2014: New photo from Douglas Butler
- December 14, 2010: New photos from Craig Philpott
- March 8, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: Added streetview
- Craig Philpott - craigphilpott63 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Douglas Butler
- Leslie R Trick - Leslie [dot] Trick [at] gmail [dot] com