UP - Salt Creek Bridge
Eastbound Union Pacific freight ont he bridge
Photo taken by Jann Mayer in May 2004
License: Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY)
BH Photo #241225
This steel trestle is possibly the lowest elevation railroad bridge in the US at 200 feet below sea level. It also maintains the "Southern Pacific" lettering on the side.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Salt Creek on Union Pacific Railroad
- Riverside County, California
- Open to traffic
- - Southern Pacific Railroad (SP)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Deck plate girder
Total length: 230.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +33.44680, -115.84343 (decimal degrees)
33°26'48" N, 115°50'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 11/607497/3701419 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- -200 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 53862 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 8, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Railroad"
- October 8, 2012: Updated by Jann Mayer: Added categories "Union Pacific Railroad", "Southern Pacific Railroad"
- Jann Mayer - jannmayer [at] gmail [dot] com