UP - Keddie Wye Bridge
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in March 2010
BH Photo #157388
BNSF in Feather River Canyon
I chased a southbound BNSF manifest in the beautiful Feather River Canyon from the Keddie Wye to Binney Junction in Marysville, California.
Video link posted by Ed Hollowell
Play video on YouTube
Built by Western Pacific Railroad it was bought by Union Pacific in 1982. Burlington Northern Santa Fe runs here too.
- Warren deck truss bridge over Spanish Creek on Union Pacific Railroad
- Plumas County, California
- Open to traffic
- First leg built 1909, second leg, creating Wye built 1931
- - BNSF Railway (BNSF)
- Great Northern Railway (GN)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Western Pacific Railroad (WP)
- Warren deck truss
Total length: 512.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.01886, -120.95819 (decimal degrees)
40°01'08" N, 120°57'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/674246/4431846 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Crescent Mills
- 3287 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 44358 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 6, 2019: New photos from Geoff Hubbs
- October 10, 2015: Updated by Luke: Added category "Y Bridge"
- October 5, 2013: New Street View added by Don Morrison
- February 21, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Western Pacific Railroad", "Railroad"
- August 25, 2010: New Street View added by Craig Philpott
- March 12, 2010: New video from Ed Hollowell
- March 7, 2010: Updated by Ed Hollowell: Notes on ownership.
- March 7, 2010: Added by Craig Philpott