Port Wine Road Bridge
Port Wine Road Bridge 1
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in August 2010
BH Photo #173464
Riveted connection Pratt through truss with wood deck, spanning overflow channel of Slate Creek.
- Through truss bridge over Slate Creek on Port Wine Road South of La Porte
- Plumas County, California, and Sierra County, California
- Open to traffic
- Built 1910
- - George Brandt (Builder)
- Riveted Pratt through truss with wood deck
Length of largest span: 120.0 ft.
Total length: 123.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.5 ft.
- Also called
- Queen City Road Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.66161, -120.96432 (decimal degrees)
39°39'42" N, 120°57'52" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/674626/4392181 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- La Porte
- 4151 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- Inventory numbers
- CA 9C-14 (California bridge number)
CA 09C-14 (California bridge number)
BH 11274 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2015)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 37.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- August 20, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Riveted"
- November 22, 2011: Updated by Craig Philpott: refined location
- August 22, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: added details and photos