UP - Auburn Ravine Bridge
I-80 RR bridge Auburn CA
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in May 2010
Massive Pratt deck truss which carries deck plate girder truss railroad bed.
- Deck truss bridge carrying railroad over I-80 in Auburn
- Auburn, Placer County, California
- Open to traffic
- Built 1909
- Pratt riveted deck truss supporting deck plate girder truss with deck plate girder trestle approaches.
Length of largest span: 240.2 ft.
Total length: 525.0 ft.
- Also called
- I-80 Railroad bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.89644, -121.08065 (decimal degrees)
38°53'47" N, 121°04'50" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/666448/4307035 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 1221 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numbers
- CA 19-45 (California bridge number)
BH 11248 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1998)
- May 26, 2010: New Street View added by Craig Philpott
- May 24, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: added photos