C Avenue Bridge [Map · Street View] 1943 concrete Slab bridge with brick railings over Ophir Canal on C Ave built in WWII as part of the Army Dewitt General HospitalThis concrete slab bridge is in good conditionBuilt by the US Army as part of Dewitt General Hospital in 1943.
Crother Road Bridge [Map] Concrete arch bridge over Wooley Creek on Crother Road in Meadow VistaOpen to trafficBuilt 1930
Dry Creek Footbridge [Map · Street View] Parker through truss bridge over Dry Creek on FootpathOpen to pedestriansOriginally pedestrian crossing of Union Pacific Railroad, relocated as footbridge across Dry Creek, 1986.
Greenwood Bridge [Map] Lost Bridge over Middle Fork American River on Sliger Mine RoadDestroyed by floodingBuilt unknown year. Bridge was destroyed in 1965 when Hell Hole Dam broke. Iowa Hill bridge [Map · Street View] Wire suspension bridge over North Fork American River on Foot traffic onlyOpen to pedestriansBuilt in 1928 by Placer County to replace an earlier wood bridge at the same location. Replaced by Placer County in 1985, but left in place as a pedestrian bridge
Laing Road Bridge [Map] Bailey pony truss bridge over North Fork American River on Laing Road (FR 19-22-6)Open to trafficBuilt 1935
McCourtney Road Bridge [Map] Lost Pony truss bridge over Doty Creek on McCourtney RoadDemolished and replacedBuilt ca. 1930, replaced 1998 - 2000 McKinney Creek Bridge [Map] Timber stringer bridge over McKinney Creek on McKinney Creek Road in HomewoodOpen to trafficBuilt 1950
Newcastle Tunnel [Map · Street View] Former Hwy 40 Tunnel under Under hillside and UP Railroad on Taylor RdOpen to trafficThis US Highway 40 tunnel opened in 1932 bypassing the bottleneck in the community of Newcastle.
No-Hands Bridge [Map · Street View] Closed-spandrel Reinforced concrete arch bridge over North Fork American RiverOpen to pedestrians & horsesBuilt 1912,
North Fork Bridge [Map · Street View] Curved deck truss bridge over North Fork of Middle Fork of American River on FDR 96-Mosquito Ridge RoadOpen to trafficBuilt 1946
Old Yankee Jims Bridge [Map] Lost Howe deck truss bridge over North Fork American River on Yankee Jims Wagon RoadCollapsed and replacedBuilt 1884 on the Yankee Jims toll road, collapsed August 1930 and replaced with Yankee Jims Suspension Bridge Rubicon Bridge [Map] Abandoned wire suspension bridge over Rubicon River on now-abandoned portion of Rubicon RdDerelict/abandoned and stricken by flood damage.Bridge was abandoned in 1965 after sustaining massive damage in the Hell Hole Dam break. A similar suspension bridge downstream was completely destroyed, as well as the Greenwood Bridge (see http://bridgehunter.com/ca/el-dorado/greenwood/).
Ruck-A-Chucky Bridge [Map] Cable-stayed bridge over Middle Fork American River on Slinger Mine RoadNever builtPlanned in 1960's to replace Greenwood Bridge as part of Auburn Dam project, but never built.
SP - Summit Tunnels 6, 7, and 8 [Map · Street View] Abandoned tunnels on former Central Pacific (later SP) RailroadAbandonedBuilt by the Central Pacific Railway as part of the original transcontinental railway to finally cross the Sierra's at Donner Pass; Track 1 abandoned in 1996
UP - Tunnel 0 [Map] Abandoned tunnel on Union Pacific RailroadDerelict/abandoned
UP - Tunnel 26 [Map] Tunnel under Under Railroad on Union Pacific RailroadOpen to trafficBuilt 1909
UP - Tunnel 3 [Map] Tunnel on Union Pacific RailroadOpen to trafficBuilt 1868; widened and double tracked 1921 & 1942
UP - Tunnel 38 [Map] Tunnel on UP (former SP) RailroadOpen to trafficBuilt 1924 by Central Pacific (later SP) Railroad
UP - Tunnel 4 [Map] Tunnel on Union Pacific RailroadOpen to trafficBuilt 1868; widened and double tracked 1921; widened 1942
UP - Tunnel 41 [Map] Tunnel under Donner Pass (Mount Judah) on Union Pacific RailroadOpen to trafficBuilt 1925
Western States Trail Swinging Bridge [Map] Wire suspension bridge over North Fork of the Middle Fork of the American River on Western States TrailOpen to pedestrians onlyRebuilt 2014 after being damaged by fire 2013
Yankee Jims Bridge [Map · Street View] Suspension bridge over North Fork American River on Yankee Jims RoadOpen to trafficBuilt 1930 to replace a collapsed deck truss bridge