BNSF - Pacific Coast Highway Offramp Overpass
BNSF / PCH Overpass
Located at Milepost 200.2 on the Metrolink Orange County Subdivision. Sees approximately 40 trains a day, a fair number of which pass each other at the siding several hundred feet to the north.
Photo taken by Alex Lewis in August 2014
BH Photo #294133
One of two surviving bridges of the PCH / Santa Fe grade separation.
- Pony/through plate girder bridge over S1-Coast Highway Offramp on Bnsf,Amtrak,Metro
- Dana Point, Orange County, California
- Open to railroad traffic
- Built 1927
- - Amtrak (AMTK)
- Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (ATSF)
- BNSF Railway (BNSF)
- Commuter Rail
- Metrolink (Southern California) (SCAX)
- Pony plate girder
Length of largest span: 79.1 ft.
Total length: 80.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +33.46278, -117.68000 (decimal degrees)
33°27'46" N, 117°40'48" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 11/436810/3702799 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Dana Point
- Inventory numbers
- CA 55-7 (California bridge number)
BH 59739 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 11, 2014: New photo from Alex Lewis
- February 15, 2014: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Alex Lewis