UP - Iceland Bridge
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in August 2010
BH Photo #172548
Parker Camelback through truss built in 1907 and still in use.
- Camelback through truss bridge over Truckee River on Union Pacific Railroad
- Nevada County, California
- Open to traffic
- Built 1907 by the American Bridge Co.
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Southern Pacific Railroad (SP)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Parker Camelback through truss
Span length: 192.0 ft.
Total length: 192.0 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.37293, -120.03194 (decimal degrees)
39°22'23" N, 120°01'55" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/755677/4362364 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Martis Peak
- 5402 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 45863 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 11, 2010: Added by Craig Philpott