Bridgeport Covered Bridge 05-29-01
Photo taken by Larry Matthews
BH Photo #101317
Longest single span wooden truss bridge in the United States
- Covered bridge over South Fork Yuba River on Pleasant Valley Road in South Yuba State Park
- Nevada County, California
- Closed to all traffic as of October 21, 2011
- Future prospects
- The bridge is pending a $20,000.00 engineering study. It is closed to all traffic until the study and necessary repairs are made. Twisting and shifting of the bridge has been found. "This bridge will turn 150 years old in April 2012."
- Built 1862 by the Virginia Turnpike Co.; closed to traffic in 1973
- - Daniel Woods
- Virginia Turnpike Co.
- Howe through truss.
Length of largest span: 208.0 ft.
Total length: 229.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.5 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on July 14, 1971
- Also called
- Woods Crossing
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.29274, -121.19491 (decimal degrees)
39°17'34" N, 121°11'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/655665/4350816 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- French Corral
- Inventory numbers
- WGCB 05-29-01 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
NRHP 71000168 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 11220 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 21, 2020: New photo from Larry Matthews
- December 31, 2018: Updated by Will Truax: Corrected Truss Type.
- April 12, 2018: Updated by Richard Doody: Added alternate name
- September 5, 2015: Photo imported by Dave King
- September 25, 2013: New photos from Larry Matthews
- March 21, 2010: New photos from Craig Philpott
- March 16, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: Added street view
- February 27, 2010: New photos from Robert Stephenson
- July 31, 2009: New photo from Craig Philpott
- March 19, 2009: Updated by C Hanchey
- November 23, 2008: New photos from James Baughn
- October 16, 2006: Posted photos from Larry Matthews