Bowman Lake Road Bridge
Bowman Lake Road Bridge piers
Photo taken by Craig Philpott
BH Photo #185954
Three bridges have crossed the S. Fork of Yuba River in this location, two bridges have been removed. Two sets of concrete and stone piers are standing next to new bridge. One set of piers has four foundation bolt-down bolt pairs per pier, suggesting a possible steel stringer bridge. The stone and concrete piers, appearing to be the oldest visible piers, contain only two tie-down bolt sets per pier, suggesting a pony truss or through truss span.
- Lost Bridge over South Fork Yuba River on Bowman Lake Road, Forestry Rd 18
- Nevada County, California
- Replaced by new bridge
- Future prospects
- Lost Bridge
- Lost unknown year.
- Two lost bridges in one location shown by empty bridge piers next to new bridge.
Total length: 90.0 ft.
- Also called
- South Fork Yuba River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.31872, -120.65746 (decimal degrees)
39°19'07" N, 120°39'27" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/701942/4354763 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Blue Canyon
- 4491 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 46995 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 12, 2010: Added by Craig Philpott