Purdon Crossing Bridge
Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
BH Photo #164993
This is the only bridge of its kind still in use in the state of California and is HAER documented.
- Pratt half through through truss bridge over South Yuba River on Purdon Road
- Nevada County, California
- Open to traffic
- Built 1889, rehabilitated 2013
- - Cotton Brothers of Oakland, California
- Pratt half-height through truss with road deck carried half way between top and bottom chord.
Length of largest span: 145.0 ft.
Total length: 191.9 ft.
Deck width: 11.2 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.7 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Purdon Road Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.32771, -121.04651 (decimal degrees)
39°19'40" N, 121°02'47" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/668379/4354963 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Nevada City
- 1695 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic (as of 2009)
- Inventory numbers
- CA 17C-24 (California bridge number)
BH 11226 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2017)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 12.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 7, 2019: Updated by Erik Hoffman: Added category "Lally columns"
- June 19, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- October 21, 2015: Updated by Erik Hoffman: Added category "Last of its kind"
- August 9, 2015: New Street View added by Erik Hoffman
- May 21, 2013: Updated by Nathan Holth: Bridge to be rehabilitated.
- November 12, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: added builder and photos
- May 11, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: added photos
- March 16, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: Updated design and added streetview