Putah Creek Bridge
Collection of the California Department of Transportation.
Submitted by Craig Philpott
BH Photo #182744
Lost Three arch stone bridge submerged intact under the water of Lake Berryessa. Location given is approximate.
- Closed-spandrel arch bridge over Putah Creek
- Napa County, California
- Lost submerged intact
- Future prospects
- Lost Inundated by impoundment of Lake Berryessa
- Built 1896, covered by Lake Berryessa 1957
- - Pithie (Builder)
- Three arch closed spandrel stone bridge.
Total length: 298.0 ft.
- Also called
- Monticello Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.55818, -122.21282 (decimal degrees)
38°33'29" N, 122°12'46" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/568585/4268042 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Lake Berryessa
- Inventory numer
- BH 46472 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 28, 2011: Photos imported by Luke Harden
- July 17, 2011: New photo from Craig Philpott
- July 3, 2011: New photo from Craig Philpott
- June 9, 2011: Updated by Craig Philpott: updated status, added photos
- October 18, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: Added map info and adjusted approximate location
- October 11, 2010: Added by Craig Philpott