NVRR - Napa River Bridge
Napa River Napa Valley Railroad
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in August 2009
BH Photo #145643
The Napa Valley Railroad Bridge served as an integral element of the Napa Valley Railroad. The importance of the railroad to the development of both the community of Napa and the surrounding region allowed both to assume a prominent role in the state's historical and agricultural prominence.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Bridge over Napa River on Napa Valley Railroad
- Napa, Napa County, California
- built 1928, removed/replaced 2011
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Napa Valley Railroad (NVRR)
- Plate girder railroad bridge.
Length of largest span: 75.0 ft.
Total length: 203.0 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.29955, -122.28211 (decimal degrees)
38°17'58" N, 122°16'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/562771/4239295 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 16 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 43272 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 8, 2012: Updated by Craig Philpott: updated status, removed.
- February 8, 2012: HAER photos posted by Michael Goff
- August 28, 2011: New Street View added by Daniel Hopkins
- August 27, 2011: Updated by Craig Philpott: updated status
- June 6, 2010: New photos from Craig Philpott
- April 5, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: added print and year built
- January 22, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: Corrected GPS data
- August 23, 2009: Added by Craig Philpott
- Craig Philpott - craigphilpott63 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Daniel Hopkins - chimera [at] clovermail [dot] net
- HAER CA-322 - Napa River Railroad Bridge, Spanning Napa River, east of Soscol Avenue, Napa, Napa County, CA