Napa River Bridge
New Maxwell bridge
Replacement bridge over Napa River, replacing vertical lift bridge, 2005. Looking NW.
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in August 2009
BH Photo #145617
Pictures during removal of original bridge
Submitted by Craig Philpott
- Vertical lift bridge over Napa River on CA 121 in Napa
- Napa, Napa County, California
- Replaced by new "Maxwell Bridge", 2005
- Built 1949; rehabilitated 1977, replaced 2005
- Original bridge, Vertical lift, replacement bridge concrete
Length of largest span: 131.9 ft.
Total length: 414.1 ft.
Deck width: 29.9 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.0 ft.
- Also called
- Maxwell Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.28111, -122.28667 (decimal degrees)
38°16'52" N, 122°17'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/562389/4237246 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- CA 21-75 (California bridge number)
BH 11205 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 5, 2014: New photo from Douglas Butler
- December 23, 2013: New photos from Craig Philpott
- September 19, 2013: New photo from Douglas Butler
- December 24, 2010: New Street View added by Daniel Hopkins
- December 23, 2010: New photo from Craig Philpott
- August 27, 2009: Updated by Craig Philpott: added name, Maxwell Bridge
- August 23, 2009: New photos from Craig Philpott
- August 22, 2009: Essay added by Craig Philpott
- August 7, 2009: Updated by Craig Philpott: Bridge replaced 2005
- Craig Philpott - craigphilpott63 [at] gmail [dot] com
- BridgePix - Photo of original bridge on BridgePix
- Daniel Hopkins - chimera [at] clovermail [dot] net
- Douglas Butler