UP - Salinas River Bridge
Salinas River Railroad Bridge
Photo taken by Craig Philpott
BH Photo #192702
Five span riveted Warren Through Truss railroad bridge built in 1903 crossing the Salinas River.
- Warren through truss bridge over Salinas River on Union Pacific Railroad
- Monterey County, California
- Closed to all traffic
- Built 1903
- - Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Warren through truss, riveted construction.
Length of largest span: 142.0 ft.
Total length: 718.0 ft.
Deck width: 14.0 ft.
- Also called
- UP - Neponset Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.73152, -121.78169 (decimal degrees)
36°43'53" N, 121°46'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/608783/4065781 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 17 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 47814 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 2, 2014: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- January 22, 2011: Added by Craig Philpott
- Craig Philpott - craigphilpott63 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Google Books - Engineering reports related to damage during 1989 earthquake.
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com