Laytonville - Dos Rios Bridge
Laytonville Dos Rios Bridge
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in February 2010
BH Photo #156607
Laytonville Bridge over Burger Creek
Drone video overhead views of historic bridge.
craig philpott photography
Whipple (Double-Intersection Pratt) Deck truss bridge with pinned connections and Phoenix Columns. Rehabilitated with seismic retrofits. Retrofit, 2006. Link to seismic retrofit contractor:
- Deck truss bridge over Burger Creek on Laytonville - Dos Rios Road
- Mendocino County, California
- Open to traffic
- Built 1888
- Whipple (Double-Intersection Pratt) Deck truss with pinned connections and Phoenix Columns.
Length of largest span: 154.2 ft.
Total length: 230.7 ft.
Deck width: 16.4 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Burger Creek Bridge
Dos Rios Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.69389, -123.41278 (decimal degrees)
39°41'38" N, 123°24'46" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/464608/4393864 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 1824 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- Inventory number
- BH 43905 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2016)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 57.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 23, 2017: New video from Craig Philpott
- May 10, 2010: New photos from Craig Philpott
- April 5, 2010: New Street View added by Craig Philpott
- March 2, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: added retrofit link
- March 1, 2010: Updated by James Baughn: Added new "Whipple deck truss" category
- March 1, 2010: New photo from Craig Philpott
- March 1, 2010: Updated by Nathan Holth: Updated design type.
- February 28, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: Added photos, corrected design
- January 17, 2010: Added by Craig Philpott