Confusion Hill Bypass Bridge South
Confusion Hill bridge south
Looking west from old alignment Hwy 101
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in September 2009
BH Photo #146803
- Post-tensioned concrete box girder bridge over South Fork Eel River on Hwy 101
- Mendocino County, California
- Open to traffic
- Built 2009 to replace landside prone hillside and viaduct
- - FINLEY Engineering Group of Tallahassee, Florida
- MCM Construction Inc. of Sacramento, California
- Concrete box girder which utilized cantilever construction methods.
Length of largest span: 571.0 ft.
Total length: 1,395.0 ft.
Deck width: 43.0 ft.
- Also called
- South Fork Eel River Bridge
Elizabeth Jane Rosewarne Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.92301, -123.75957 (decimal degrees)
39°55'23" N, 123°45'34" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/435090/4419488 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 745 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 43427 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 15, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: corrected location
- September 30, 2009: Essay added by Craig Philpott