South Fork Eel River Bridge
S Fork Eel River
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in August 2009
BH Photo #145535
Steel Parker through truss bridge. Builders plaque is dated 1934.
- Through truss bridge over South Fork Eel River on CA 271
- Mendocino County, California, and Humboldt County, California
- Open to traffic
- Built 1917; rehabilitated 1934
- - Bethlehem Steel Co. of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania (Steel)
- McClintic-Marshall Co. of Chicago, Illinois & Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (Builder)
- Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 183.1 ft.
Total length: 373.0 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.6 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.00083, -123.78694 (decimal degrees)
40°00'03" N, 123°47'13" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/432827/4428146 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2009)
- Inventory numbers
- CA 10-37 (California bridge number)
BH 11144 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 83.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 10, 2016: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Riveted"
- February 10, 2016: Photo imported by Dave King
- March 22, 2011: New photos from Michael Goff
- August 31, 2010: New Street View added by Matthew Lohry
- July 26, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: added photos
- March 9, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: Added street view
- August 21, 2009: New photos from Craig Philpott
- Craig Philpott - craigphilpott63 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Matt Lohry
- HAER CA-269 - Redwood National & State Parks Roads, California coast from Crescent City to Trinidad, Crescent City vicinity, Del Norte, CA
- Mike Goff - michael [dot] goff [at] hotmail [dot] com