Wawona Covered Bridge 05-22-01
Photo taken by Larry Matthews, February 5, 2007
BH Photo #112745
- Covered Queen-post truss bridge over South Fork of Merced River
- Mariposa County, California
- Open to pedestrians
- Built in 1878 this bridge is located in the south part of Yosemite National Park. Just down the hill from historic Wawona Hotel.
- - Galen Clark (Original Builder)
- Glen M. Gordo (1956-57 Reconstruction Contractor)
- Henry Washburn (1877-78 Reconstruction Builder)
- Modified covered Queen-post through truss
Length of largest span: 106.0 ft.
Total length: 130.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.3 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.53858, -119.65600 (decimal degrees)
37°32'19" N, 119°39'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 11/265335/4157937 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 36349 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 5, 2013: Updated by Craig Philpott: corrected location
- February 4, 2012: HAER photos posted by Mike Goff
- February 17, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: Corrected GPS data
- February 14, 2010: New photo from Robert Stephenson
- March 5, 2008: Updated by Larry Matthews