Foothill Boulevard Sawpit Wash Bridge
Foothill Blvd. (Deodar Lane West) over Sawpit Wash
BH Photo #117214
Written by David Kimbrough
This bridge was built by the County in the 1920's to carry Foothill Blvd east. However at some point the County abandoned not only this bridge but all of Foothill Blvd. after Mountain Blvd. It is now in private in hands, as is a long length Foothill Blvd.
- Bridge over Sawpit Wash on Deodar Lane West in Monrovia
- Monrovia, Los Angeles County, California
- Open to traffic
- Built 1928; rehabilitated 1952
Length of largest span: 19.0 ft.
Total length: 40.0 ft.
Deck width: 76.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.05667, -117.98833 (decimal degrees)
34°03'24" N, 117°59'18" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 11/408788/3768879 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Baldwin Park
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- CA 53C-1815 (California bridge number)
BH 36853 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2017)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 72.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 10, 2008: Essay added by David Kimbrough