Los Feliz Boulevard Bridge
Los Feliz Blvd. over the Los Angeles River
Northward view from river bed.
BH Photo #115166
Los Angeles Times - August 15, 1925
H. P. Cortelyou, engineer in charge of bridge construction of the city of Los Angeles, today gave out the information that the new Los Feliz Bridge over the Los Angeles River would be opened to traffic on September 1. The bridge has been under construction for the past six months and will carry all traffic of the San Fernando Boulevard from Burbank and other San Fernando Valley towns.
The opening will be celebrated by coremonics and a picnic to which officials of all nearby towns will be invited, it is stated by those in charge.
The entire San Fernando Valley will welcome the opening of this new structure as the old wooden bridge which it replaces was a menace and had been closed several times to permit emergency repairs being made during recent years.
- Concrete tee beam bridge over Los Angeles River on Los Feliz Blvd in Los Angeles
- Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California
- Open to traffic
- Current Concrete Built 1925 Replacing Older Wooden Bridge
- Concrete tee beam
Length of largest span: 49.9 ft.
Total length: 304.1 ft.
Deck width: 69.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.12167, -118.26972 (decimal degrees)
34°07'18" N, 118°16'11" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 11/382907/3776374 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- CA 53C-1239 (California bridge number)
BH 36702 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 07/2014)
- Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 90.3 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2005)
- May 28, 2012: New photo from David Kimbrough
- December 27, 2010: New photo from David Kimbrough
- December 18, 2010: New photo from David Kimbrough
- December 13, 2010: New photo from David Kimbrough
- November 26, 2010: Updated by David Kimbrough: Added Essay and modified history
- December 19, 2008: New photo from David Kimbrough
- August 8, 2008: Updated by David Kimbrough
- June 16, 2008: Added by David Kimbrough