San Fernando Road Verdugo Wash Bridge
Photo taken by David Kimbrough in May 2008
BH Photo #114341
Bridge plaque shows builder as United States War Dept. The U.S. Corp of engineers channelized the Verdugo Wash in the 1930's as a flood control project and the bridge would have been a part of that project. It has since been turned over to the city.
- Bridge over Verdugo Wash on San Fernando Road in Glendale, Los Angeles County, California
- Glendale, Los Angeles County, California
- Open to traffic
- Steel stringer with concrete railings.
Length of largest span: 76.1 ft.
Total length: 80.1 ft.
Deck width: 62.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.15485, -118.27609 (decimal degrees)
34°09'17" N, 118°16'34" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 11/382366/3780060 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- CA 53C-226 (California bridge number)
BH 36639 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of February 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 88.1 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- December 14, 2010: New photo from David Kimbrough
- March 20, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: Corrected design
- March 19, 2010: Updated by Ed Hollowell: Added NBI data, Streetview and discription info.
- June 17, 2008: Updated by Max Johnson
- June 17, 2008: Updated by David Kimbrough
- May 23, 2008: New photos from David Kimbrough
- May 22, 2008: Added by David Kimbrough
- David Kimbrough - kimbrough-photo [at] charter [dot] net
- Ed Hollowell - erhollowell [at] aol [dot] com
- Craig Philpott - craigphilpott63 [at] gmail [dot] com