Hilderbrand Drive Bridge
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in May 2010
BH Photo #164021
Bailey Pony truss installed above existing abandoned wood stringer bridge. Original abutments and piers are reused and what appears to be load bearing steel is installed on top of original piers to support bailey truss.
- Bailey Truss bridge with wood deck over St Helena Creek on Hilderbrand Drive
- Lake County, California
- Open to traffic
- Original bridge built unknown year, replaced by Bailey truss bridge unknown year
- Bailey pony truss with wood deck
Length of largest span: 28.2 ft.
Total length: 81.7 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.70458, -122.60341 (decimal degrees)
38°42'16" N, 122°36'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/534484/4284069 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Detert Reservoir
- 1277 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic (as of 2005)
- Inventory numbers
- CA 14C-72 (California bridge number)
BH 44015 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of January 2014)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 9.1 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 1, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: added location data and refined description.
- March 27, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: updated history, GPS data, added street view
- February 2, 2010: Added by Craig Philpott