Foard Road Bridge
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in May 2010
Original bridge (1940?) is intact and standing underneath a load bearing bailly truss installed in 2003. Original bridge appears to be locally engineered and contains recycled steel lattice trusses that appear to have originally been elements of an unknown through truss from another unknown bridge.
- Bailey pony truss bridge over Anderson Creek on Foard Road
- Lake County, California
- Open to traffic
- Built 1940; rehabilitated 2003
- Bailey pony truss
Length of largest span: 37.4 ft.
Total length: 40.7 ft.
Deck width: 10.2 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.77342, -122.68951 (decimal degrees)
38°46'24" N, 122°41'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/526971/4291679 (zone/easting/northing)
- 1324 ft. above sea level
- USGS topographic map
- Whispering Pines, CA
- Inventory numbers
- CA 14C-76 (California bridge number)
BH 44014 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 02/2012)
- Deck condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 7.1 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2005)
- May 1, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: added photos and extended design description
- February 2, 2010: Added by Craig Philpott