Foard Road Bridge
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in May 2010
BH Photo #164033
Original bridge (1940?) is intact and standing underneath a load bearing bailly truss installed in 2003. Original bridge appears to be locally engineered and contains recycled steel lattice trusses that appear to have originally been elements of an unknown through truss from another unknown bridge.
- Bailey pony truss bridge over Anderson Creek on Foard Road
- Lake County, California
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1940; rehabilitated 2003
- Triple-single (three side-by-side, single tall) Bailey pony truss
Length of largest span: 37.4 ft.
Total length: 40.7 ft.
Deck width: 10.2 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.77342, -122.68951 (decimal degrees)
38°46'24" N, 122°41'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/526971/4291679 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Whispering Pines
- 1324 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- Inventory numbers
- CA 14C-76 (California bridge number)
BH 44014 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2017)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 51 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- October 3, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- May 1, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: added photos and extended design description
- February 2, 2010: Added by Craig Philpott
- Craig Philpott - craigphilpott63 [at] gmail [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com