Operators shack, West side of Eel River.
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in January 2010
BH Photo #152782
Ferry is a skiff with outboard motor operated by Humboldt County Public Works Department.
History and Controversy
Written by Craig Philpott
McCann Ferry is operated by Humboldt County Public Works Department during periods of high water when the adjacent low level McCann Bridge is flooded by annual flooding of Eel River. Middle fork of the Eel River is protected by State and Federal Wild and Scenic River status and modifications and enhancements to the McCann Bridge have been blocked by permitting issues for nearly ten years.
- Ferry across Eel River, Middle Fork on McCann Road
- Humboldt County, California
- Open to traffic
- Ferry operates every winter crossing Eel River
- People ferry is small skiff operated by Humboldt County Public Works Department.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.32825, -123.84211 (decimal degrees)
40°19'42" N, 123°50'32" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/428462/4464531 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Myers Flat
- 150 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 43900 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 11, 2013: New Street View added by Mike Goff
- January 17, 2010: Essay added by Craig Philpott
- Craig Philpott - craigphilpott63 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Mike Goff - michael [dot] goff [at] hotmail [dot] com