Eureka Slough Railroad Bridge
Eureka Slough RR bridge
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in May 2010
Vertical lift deck truss. Extremely simple lift design. North pier is round and retain ring gear elements from previous use as center pier of former swing bridge.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Eureka Slough on Northwestern Pacific Railroad
- Eureka, Humboldt County, California
- Closed to all traffic
- Vertical lift deck truss
Length of largest span: 90.0 ft.
Total length: 719.0 ft.
Deck width: 19.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.80679, -124.14254 (decimal degrees)
40°48'24" N, 124°08'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/403629/4517937 (zone/easting/northing)
- 11 ft. above sea level
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory number
- BH 45220 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 10, 2013: New Street View added by Mike Goff
- May 10, 2010: Added by Craig Philpott
- Craig Philpott - cphilpott [at] puc [dot] edu
- Mike Goff - michael [dot] goff [at] hotmail [dot] com