NWP - Eureka Slough Bridge
Eureka Slough RR bridge
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in May 2010
BH Photo #164932
Motorcar Ride Over Bridge
A track inspection car runs over the bridge in July 2018 prior to planned reopening for rail and trail use.
North Coast Rail History Facebook Page
Vertical lift Deck plate girder. Extremely simple lift design. North pier is round and retain ring gear elements from previous use as center pier of former swing bridge.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Eureka Slough on Northwestern Pacific Railroad (NWP)
- Eureka, Humboldt County, California
- Open to authorized vehicles only
- Future prospects
- Being reopened for use of excursion trains and trail use as of July 2018
- - Northwestern Pacific Railroad (NWP)
- Southern Pacific Railroad (SP)
- Vertical lift Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 90.0 ft.
Total length: 719.0 ft.
Deck width: 19.0 ft.
- Also called
- Humboldt Bay Trail - Eureka Slough Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.80679, -124.14254 (decimal degrees)
40°48'24" N, 124°08'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/403629/4517937 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 11 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 45220 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 20, 2018: New video from Alexander D. Mitchell IV
- June 2, 2016: New photo from Douglas Butler
- May 16, 2016: New Street View added by Douglas Butler
- December 7, 2015: New Street View added by Douglas Butler
- August 15, 2015: New photo from Douglas Butler
- April 10, 2013: New Street View added by Mike Goff
- May 10, 2010: Added by Craig Philpott
- Craig Philpott - craigphilpott63 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Mike Goff - michael [dot] goff [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Douglas Butler
- Alexander D. Mitchell IV