NWP - Eureka Slough Bridge
Eureka Slough RR bridge
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in May 2010
BH Photo #164932
Vertical lift Deck plate girder. Extremely simple lift design. North pier is round and retain ring gear elements from previous use as center pier of former swing bridge.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Eureka Slough on Northwestern Pacific Railroad (NWP)
- Eureka, Humboldt County, California
- Closed to all traffic
- - Northwestern Pacific Railroad (NWP)
- Southern Pacific Railroad (SP)
- Vertical lift Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 90.0 ft.
Total length: 719.0 ft.
Deck width: 19.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.80679, -124.14254 (decimal degrees)
40°48'24" N, 124°08'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/403629/4517937 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 11 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numer
- BH 45220 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 2, 2016: New photo from Douglas Butler
- May 16, 2016: New Street View added by Douglas Butler
- December 7, 2015: New Street View added by Douglas Butler
- August 15, 2015: New photo from Douglas Butler
- April 10, 2013: New Street View added by Mike Goff
- May 10, 2010: Added by Craig Philpott
- Craig Philpott - craigphilpott63 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Mike Goff - michael [dot] goff [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Douglas Butler