NWP - Alderpoint Bridge
Alderpoint Railroad Bridge
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in June 2010
BH Photo #167757
Three span through truss on abandoned railroad line.
- Through truss bridge over Eel River on Northwestern Pacific Railroad (NWP)
- Humboldt County, California
- Closed to all traffic
- Built 1913 by the American Bridge Co.
- - American Bridge Co. of New York (1910 Fabricator)
- Utah Construction Co. of Ogden, Utah (1910 Contractor)
- - Eureka Southern Railroad (EUKA)
- Northwestern Pacific Railroad (NWP)
- Southern Pacific Railroad (SP)
- Pratt Through truss, three spans with deck plate girder approaches on concrete piers.
Length of largest span: 202.0 ft.
Total length: 1,124.0 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Also called
- NWP - Cain Rock Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.14645, -123.60326 (decimal degrees)
40°08'47" N, 123°36'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/448616/4444186 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 328 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 45398 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 10, 2016: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- June 22, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: corrected design
- June 20, 2010: New photos from Craig Philpott
- May 27, 2010: Added by Craig Philpott