Martins Ferry Bridge
Bald Hills Road Bridge
Photo taken by Craig Philpott
BH Photo #180552
Steel deck truss with emergency repairs on North end. North end of bridge is supported in part by emergency vertical supports after engineering survey in 2007 identified that the North pier and abutment was sliding South and compressing steel truss. Bridge was closed for a period of time and re-opened in 2008.
- Deck truss bridge over Klamath River on Bald Hills Road
- Humboldt County, California
- Open to traffic
- Built 1959; rehabilitated 1965, emergency repairs 2008.
- Steel Deck truss
Length of largest span: 299.9 ft.
Total length: 793.0 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Also called
- Bald Hills Road Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.20762, -123.75692 (decimal degrees)
41°12'27" N, 123°45'25" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/436541/4562081 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- French Camp Ridge
- Average daily traffic (as of 2006)
- Inventory numbers
- CA 4C-7 (California bridge number)
CA 04C-7 (California bridge number)
BH 10889 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 75 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 23, 2020: Updated by Nick Boppel: Swap primary and secondary names to use official name as primary
- May 16, 2015: New photo from Craig Philpott
- April 10, 2013: New Street View added by Mike Goff
- October 3, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: added photos, updated status.
- June 20, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: corrected location
- Craig Philpott - craigphilpott63 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Mike Goff - michael [dot] goff [at] hotmail [dot] com
- MG Engineering - Engineering project page for rehabilitation completed by 2013
- Nick Boppel - nickboppel01 [at] gmail [dot] com