Old Salmon Falls Bridge
Salmon Falls Bridge
Photo taken from the west side facing east on 1/1/14.
Photo taken by Mark Noyes
BH Photo #272365
This bridge serviced the gold mining town of Salmon Falls.
The site (Salmon Falls) is California Registered Historical Landmark #571.This bridge is usually submerged under the Folsom Reservoir. On extremely rare occasions, when the reservoir is low enough, the bridge is accessible for foot traffic.
- Abandoned concrete through girder bridge over South Fork American River on Old Salmon Falls Road
- El Dorado County, California
- Built 1925, Submerged 1955-6
- Multiple span concrete through girder
- Also called
- Hidden Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.76049, -121.06060 (decimal degrees)
38°45'38" N, 121°03'38" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/668507/4291984 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Pilot Hill
- 354 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 59142 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 27, 2015: Updated by Luke: Edited build date per forum comment
- January 4, 2014: Updated by Luke Harden: Chnaged status to "Indunated"
- January 4, 2014: Added by Mark Noyes