P&SVRR - Latrobe Trestle
Upon its construction, this bridge was regarded as one of the longest wooden trestle spans in California.
- Trestle bridge on P&SVRR over Marshland
- Latrobe, El Dorado County, California
- Demolished and filled in in with massive gravel fill
- Built 1863-1864, filled in circa 1900.
- - Placerville & Sacramento Valley Railroad (P&SV)
- Trestle bridge
Total length: 2,500.0 ft. (0.5 mi.)
Deck width: 6.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.56245, -120.97526 (decimal degrees)
38°33'45" N, 120°58'31" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/676408/4270166 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 68224 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 27, 2019: Updated by Erik Hoffman: Added categories "Tall Wooden Trestle", "Over a mile long", "Placerville & Sacramento Valley Railroad"
- June 29, 2015: New Street View added by Erik Hoffman
- Erik Hoffman - norcalroadswebsite [at] gmail [dot] com