P&SVRR - Latrobe Trestle
Upon its construction, this bridge was regarded as a noteworthy bridge construction achievement and received recognition. Unfortunately, the people who replaced it with a boring fill either apparently did not realize its significance nor history, or were fools and did not care.
- Trestle bridge on P&SVRR over many creeks
- Latrobe, El Dorado County, California
- Demolished and filled in in with massive gravel fill
- Built 1863-1864, obliterated and filled in unknown year.
- Trestle bridge
Total length: 2,500.0 ft. (0.5 mi.)
Deck width: 6.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.56245, -120.97526 (decimal degrees)
38°33'45" N, 120°58'31" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/676408/4270166 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 68224 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 29, 2015: New Street View added by Erik Hoffman