Iron Horse Regional Trail - Walnut Creek Bridge (Ygnacio Valley Road)
Walnut Creek, Iron Horse Trail
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in July 2010
BH Photo #169930
Pratt through truss railroad bridge re-used as pedestrian bridge on Iron Horse Trail, a railroad right of way re-use project.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Walnut Creek on Iron Horse Trail
- Walnut Creek, Contra Costa County, California
- Open to pedestrians
- Railroad Bridge, 1929, re-used at this location for pedestrian walkway
- - Rail-to-trail
- Southern Pacific Railroad (SP)
- Steel Pratt Through Truss bridge.
Span length: 102.0 ft.
Total length: 102.0 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.90560, -122.05736 (decimal degrees)
37°54'20" N, 122°03'26" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/582868/4195759 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Walnut Creek
- 136 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 45672 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 25, 2014: New Street View added by Ralph Demars
- March 6, 2011: New Street View added by J.P.
- July 18, 2010: Added by Craig Philpott
- Craig Philpott - craigphilpott63 [at] gmail [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com