Old Jenny Lind Bridge
Rancho Calaveras Bridge
Photo taken by Images Of Rancho Calaveras Organization
BH Photo #340976
Bridge is on an old alignment of Milton Road. Built around the 1930's, bypassed in 1979. Land is privately owned but acts as a local park, and bridge is open to pedestrian traffic.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Calaveras River on Old Milton Road
- Rancho Calaveras, Calaveras County, California
- Open to pedestrian traffic on privately owned land
- Two 9-panel Pratt through truss spans with timber stringer approach spans.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.08885, -120.86541 (decimal degrees)
38°05'20" N, 120°51'55" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/687195/4217824 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Jenny Lind
- Inventory number
- BH 69851 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 28, 2019: Updated by Erik Hoffman: Added category "A-frame portal"
- March 27, 2019: Updated by Erik Hoffman: Bridge is open to pedestrian traffic & other new info
- November 6, 2015: New photo from Erik Hoffman
- November 5, 2015: Updated by Erik Hoffman: In reply to Luke, "Jenny Lind" is part of Rancho Calaveras.
- November 1, 2015: Updated by Luke: Correction: The build date was for a bridge at another location named "Jenny Lind"
- October 31, 2015: Updated by Erik Hoffman: Added categories "One-lane traffic", "Wooden deck", "Mystery"
- Rancho Calaveras - Image
- Erik Hoffman - norcalroadswebsite [at] gmail [dot] com