Archie Stevenot Memorial Bridge
One of two high-level bridges across New Melones Reservoir. Although both bridges feature a modern prestressed concrete box girder construction, both bridges are notable as two of the highest bridges in the United States.
The other nearby bridge is the Parrotts Ferry Bridge.
- Concrete segemental box girder bridge over Stanislaus River (New Melones Reservoir) on Golden Chain Highway (CA 49)
- Melones, Calaveras County, California
- Open to traffic
- Built 1976
- Concrete segmental box girder
Length of largest span: 550.0 ft.
- Also called
- Route 49 Stanislaus River Bridge
New Melones Reservoir Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.00400, -120.49982 (decimal degrees)
38°00'14" N, 120°29'59" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/719514/4209209 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 89093 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 23, 2020: New photos from Nick Boppel
- Nick Boppel - nickboppel01 [at] gmail [dot] com