Feather River Bridge
Sc26414 [Special collection photo, California State University, Chico, Meriam Library] ca 1930: Oroville Highway Bridge [1922 Lower Thermalito Bridge].
From Eric L. Zancanella, Oroville, CA
BH Photo #203890
Written by Larry Matthews
This bridge was replaced by the Randy Jennings Memorial Bridge in 2000.
- Lost through truss bridge over Feather River on CA 162 in Oroville
- Thermalito:Oroville, Butte County, California
- No longer exists
- Built 1921; rehabilitated 1962; replaced 2000
- Through truss
Length of largest span: 231.0 ft.
Total length: 722.1 ft.
Deck width: 21.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.49833, -121.57833 (decimal degrees)
39°29'54" N, 121°34'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/622238/4373044 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- CA 12-34 (California bridge number)
BH 10821 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 9, 2011: New photos from Craig Philpott
- June 29, 2009: Essay added by Larry Matthews