Ponderosa Way Bridge #3
Ponderosa Way North Closed
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in March 2014
BH Photo #279247
Abandoned in place. Road deck destroyed by fire. Upon the destruction of this bridge, Ponderosa Way leading up to it was abandoned and fell into disrepair. Ponderosa Way on the south end has been blocked with a gate after the condition became so bad that it was unsafe, and Ponderosa on the north end ends right before the bridge because of a large landslide on the Mokelumne cliffs that destroyed part of the road, seperating the road from the north approach.
- Abandoned pony truss bridge over North Fork Mokelumne River on former Ponderosa Way
- Amador County, California, and Calaveras County, California
- Deck destroyed by fire, abandoned in place. Approach decks, however, are okay except for minor burning.
- Parker pony truss with external vertical bracing.
Length of largest span: 136.0 ft.
Total length: 204.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.34090, -120.63087 (decimal degrees)
38°20'27" N, 120°37'51" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/707050/4246295 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Mokelumne Hill
- 811 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 56480 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 16, 2015: Updated by Erik Hoffman: Fixed typo in name.
- March 10, 2014: Updated by Craig Philpott: added photos
- June 5, 2013: Added by Craig Philpott
- Craig Philpott - craigphilpott63 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Erik Hoffman - norcalroadswebsite [at] gmail [dot] com