Cook Road Bridge
Contextual View Of Bridge In Setting, From Downstream, View To North Along Dry Creek
Photo taken for the Historic American Engineering Record
View photos at Library of Congress
BH Photo #224906
The Dry Creek Bridge on Cook Road is the oldest known unmodified metal truss bridge in California erected by the San Francisco Bridge Company. This Pratt through truss bridge was determined eligible for inclusion on the National Register of Historic Place under Criterion C at the local level of significance.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Dry Creek on Cook Road
- Amador County, California
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built 1895, Replaced Ca. 1995
- - San Francisco Bridge Co. of San Francisco, California (Contractor)
- Pin-connected Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 126.0 ft.
Total length: 146.4 ft.
Deck width: 17.9 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.32667, -120.99167 (decimal degrees)
38°19'36" N, 120°59'30" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/675549/4243968 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 51222 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 7, 2012: Added by Michael Goff
- Mike Goff - michael [dot] goff [at] hotmail [dot] com
- HAER CA-172 - Dry Creek Bridge, Spanning Dry Creek at Cook Road, Ione, Amador County, CA