SP - Dumbarton Bridge
Dumbarton RR Swing Bridge
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in July 2010
BH Photo #169904
Abandoned in place Baltimore through truss swing railroad bridge.
- Abandoned baltimore through truss bridge over San Francisco Bay on Caltrain
- Newark, Alameda County, California, and San Mateo County, California
- Future prospects
- Clatrain intend to replace a part, if not all of the bridge.
- Built 1910, last used 1982.
- - William Hood
- - Southern Pacific Railroad (SP)
- Baltimore through truss swing bridge with three spans of Pratt through truss approach span on each end and extensive deck trestle approaches.
Length of largest span: 316.0 ft.
Total length: 7,528.0 ft. (1.4 mi.)
Deck width: 27.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.49729, -122.11006 (decimal degrees)
37°29'50" N, 122°06'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/578665/4150412 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Mountain View
- 11 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 45455 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 20, 2017: New photos from Dave King
- April 16, 2015: New photos from Zachary S
- October 14, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Bridge definitely doomed
- July 18, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: refined design and added photos
- June 6, 2010: New Street View added by Cliff Darby
- June 5, 2010: Added by Craig Philpott