UP - Altamont Creek Bridge
Altamont Creek RR crossing
Photo taken by Craig Philpott in April 2010
BH Photo #160875
Deck plate trestle with pony plate truss approach.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Altamont Creek, Altamont Pass Road on Union Pacific, ACE RR
- Alameda County, California
- Open to traffic
- - Altamont Corridor Express (ACE; HTSX)
- Commuter Rail
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Four segment deck plate girder trestle with pony deck plate approach on South end.
Length of largest span: 84.0 ft.
Total length: 425.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.72189, -121.69636 (decimal degrees)
37°43'19" N, 121°41'47" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/614889/4175758 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 671 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numbers
- CA 33C-13 (California bridge number)
BH 44764 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 16, 2020: New photos from Geoff Hubbs
- March 25, 2014: Updated by Luke Harden: Merged NBI
- April 4, 2010: Added by Craig Philpott
- Craig Philpott - craigphilpott63 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Geoff Hubbs