Rating:
1 vote

Williamson Valley Road Bridge

Photos 

Williamson Valley Road Bridge

Photo taken by Alexander D. Mitchell IV in May 2008

Enlarge

BH Photo #184342

Map 

Description 

Location known as Kayfour Ranch; roads to the bridge are not necessarily maintained--travel not recommended for low-ground-clearance vehicles.

Truss span originally constructed as one span of the multi-span San Carlos Bridge over Gila River near Payson in 1921; disassembled 1935 for reservoir and this span relocated to this location 1936. Two other spans from the original Gila River bridge were relocated to the Perkinsville Bridge over the Verde River.

Facts 

Overview
Through truss bridge over Walnut Creek on Forest Service Rd 5 (Williamson Valley Rd)
Location
Yavapai County, Arizona
Status
Open to traffic
History
Original bridge built 1915; replaced with truss span in 1936 relocated from San Carlos Indian Reservation bridge over the Gila River; rehabilitated 1992
Design
Pratt through truss
Dimensions
Length of largest span: 138.8 ft.
Total length: 169.0 ft.
Deck width: 13.8 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.5 ft.
Recognition
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on March 31, 1989
Also called
Kayfour Bridge
Approximate latitude, longitude
+34.92862, -112.81604   (decimal degrees)
34°55'43" N, 112°48'58" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
12/334130/3866632 (zone/easting/northing)
Quadrangle map:
Indian Peak
Average daily traffic (as of 2012)
108
Inventory numbers
AZ 8741 (Arizona bridge number)
NRHP 88001673 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 10776 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
Inspection report (as of May 2015)
Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 45.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com

Update Log 

  • August 30, 2017: Updated by Alexander D. Mitchell IV: Additional history and corrections added
  • August 13, 2011: Updated by Alexander D. Mitchell IV: Description updated.
  • November 2, 2010: Updated by Alexander D. Mitchell IV: Corrected map and location

Sources