LRWN - McCargo Creek Bridge
LR&WN McCargo Creek Railroad Bridge
Photo looking north showing unique all concrete construction.
Photo taken by J. Randall Houp in February 2014
BH Photo #275488
Unique all concrete railroad bridge.
Written by J. Randall Houp
This old bridge was a big surprise. This unique railroad bridge is all concrete and the only one that I have found between Little Rock and the Oklahoma border on the former Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad, aka, Rock Island. Bridge is in need of repair, including all new railroad ties.
- Concrete deck girder bridge over McCargo Creek on Little Rock & Western Railroad
- Danville, Yell County, Arkansas
- Bridge needs repair.
- Former: Rock Island Railroad
- - Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (CRIP (1866-1920); RI (1920-1975) ROCK (1975-1980))
- Little Rock & Western Railway (LRWN)
- Concrete deck girder, piers, and abutments.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.05762, -93.37674 (decimal degrees)
35°03'27" N, 93°22'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/465646/3879497 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 59854 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 21, 2014: Essay added by J. Randall Houp