LRWN - McCargo Creek Bridge
LR&WN McCargo Creek Railroad Bridge
Photo looking north showing unique all concrete construction.
Photo taken by J. Randall Houp in February 2014
Unique all concrete railroad bridge.
Written by J. Randall Houp
This old bridge was a big surprise. This unique railroad bridge is all concrete and the only one that I have found between Little Rock and the Oklahoma border on the former Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad, aka, Rock Island. Bridge is in need of repair, including all new railroad ties.
- Concrete deck girder bridge over McCargo Creek on Little Rock & Western Railroad
- Danville, Yell County, Arkansas
- Bridge needs repair.
- Former: Rock Island Railroad
- - Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (RI; CRIP; ROCK)
- Little Rock & Western Railway (LRWN)
- Concrete deck girder, piers, and abutments.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.05762, -93.37674 (decimal degrees)
35°03'27" N, 93°22'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/465646/3879497 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 59854 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 21, 2014: Essay added by J. Randall Houp