Petit Jean River Suspension Bridge
Petit Jean Suspension Bridge
1957 photograph of suspension bridge with the new bridge being constructed just west of it.
Photo: J. Randall Houp collection. Courtesy: Joe Grimes.
BH Photo #273733
This was the only suspension bridge built in Yell County, Arkansas. It was built on what would become Arkansas 154. Bridge was replaced in 1957.
- Lost Bridge over Petit Jean River
- Yell County, Arkansas, and Conway County, Arkansas
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Bridge built by Yell County, Arkansas. Additional historical data to follow.
- Suspension Bridge.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.11455, -93.01018 (decimal degrees)
35°06'52" N, 93°00'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/499072/3885746 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numer
- BH 59530 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 3, 2014: Added by J. Randall Houp