UP St. Francis River Bridge
St. Francis River Railroad Bridge
Photo looking upstream toward the north
Photo taken by J. Randall Houp in April 2010
BH Photo #225420
Written by J. Randall Houp
Very unique design on a steel pass-through truss bridge. Third photograph shown indicates without a doubt there was a much longer pass-through truss on the west side of the bridge across the main stream. This is indicated by all the new cement work done. All wood railroad trestle still remains on the east end. Without a doubt, still a beautiful bridge.
- Through truss bridge over St. Francis River on Union Pacific Railroad
- Madison, St. Francis County, Arkansas
- Open to traffic
- - Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Warren through truss with sub-panels
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.01137, -90.71724 (decimal degrees)
35°00'41" N, 90°43'02" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/708295/3876685 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 51315 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 12, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "St. Francis River"
- February 21, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- February 17, 2012: Essay added by J Randall Houp